I’ve been invited to speak at the Columbus Ruby Brigade on AIR and Ruby integration. Given the expert nature of my audience I’m not going to dwell too much on Ruby and Rails, but will focus instead on how to integrate Flex & Air into a Ruby based service layer. This will be a highly technical presentation- I will be covering the following topics:
- The internet ecosystem: Ruby, Rails, AIR, Flex, and where do they all fit
- Cost: What is it going to take?
- Installing and using RubyAMF
- Overview of MXML, Actionscript, Eclipse and the SDK
- Consuming data services with Flex & Air
- Building a simple call/response architecture
The presentation was on Monday, June 16th. The files are below: